The National Certificate Office Administration is an Office Administration qualification at each of Levels 2, 3 and 4 of the NQF. This qualification is designed to provide both the theory and practice of Office Administration.
The practical component of study may be offered in a real workplace environment or in a simulated workplace environment. It will provide students with an opportunity to experience work situations during the period of study.
The National Certificate Office Administration qualification is a full year programme at each of the NQF levels of study.
A student is issued with a certificate on the successful completion of each level of study, that is, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4.
For entry into the National Certificate Office Administration at NQF Level 2, you require:
- A year end school report from Grade 9, 10,11 or 12 or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification, or
- An approved bridging programme designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2, or
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2.
In order to obtain a National Certificate Office Administration, a student is required to study a total of 7 subjects. These include 3 fundamental subjects and 4 vocational subjects, of which 3 are compulsory and 1 is optional.
- Language-which must be the language of teaching and learning
- Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation
The vocational subjects in the National Certificate Office Administration are:
- Business Practice
- Office Practice
- Office Data Processing
- Contact Centre
- Personal Assistance
These subjects are offered at each of the different NQF levels of study in the National Certificate Office Administration qualification.
What skills wil I gain
The holder of the National Certificate office Administration will be able:
- Co-ordinate office correspondence
- Type letters, reports, memoranda, agendas, minutes
- Maintain equipment and stationery supplies
- Perform receptionist duties
- Co-ordinate and organize functions
- Organise meetings, staff travel itineraries and accommodation
- Operate office equipment
- Become a call centre operator
The National Certificate Office Administration provides an opportunity to access careers in any of the sectors listed below:
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Office Management
- Office Administration
- Freight Forwarder
- Human Resource Management
- Personnel Management
- Private Secretary
- Front Line Reception
- Recruitment of Employment Agent
- Legal Secretarial Services
- Personal and General Services
- Self employment